I am extending you the invitations for the live webinar on “HIPAA Upcoming changes 2018 and How to comply?” that we are hosting with Compliance Key. If you are already registered, I apologize for the extra communication.
I wanted to take a moment to highlight the key features of our webinars and the speaker delivering this session.
Topic:- HIPAA Upcoming changes 2018 and How to comply?
Date & Time:- Tuesday, 24th January 2018 at 01:00 – 02:30 PM ET
This lesson will be addressing how practice/business managers (or compliance offers) need to get their HIPAA house in order as HIPAA is now fully enforced and the government is not using kid gloves any more.
It will also address major changes under the Omnibus Rule, Trump administration, and any other applicable updates for 2018 and beyond.
There are an enormous amount of issues and risks for covered entities and business associates these days.
I will speak on specific experiences from over 18 years of experience in working as an outsourced compliance auditor, expert witness on multiple HIPAA cases, and thoroughly explain how patients are now able to get cash remedies for wrongful disclosures of private health information.
More importantly I will show you how to limit those risks by simply taking proactive steps and utilizing best practices.
Why should You attend this webinar?
- Omnibus has changed the HIPAA landscape for good!
- This once rarely enforced law has changed and you need to know what’s going on!
- Protect your practice or business!
- These day’s trial attorney’s pose a higher risk than the Federal government!
- What changes under the Trump administration can we expect?
- State laws are now in place increasing liability for patient remedies!
- What factors might spurn a lawsuit or a HIPAA audit?..are you doing these things?
- Why are the Feds enforcing after all these years?
We will be discussing 2018 changes taking place in Washington with the Health and Human Services in regards to the enforcement of the HIPAA laws already on the books as well as some detailed discussions on the audit process and some current events regarding HIPAA cases (both in courtrooms and from live audits)
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Updates for 2018
- Portable devices
- New Definition of protected health information
- Real life audits and litigated cases
- Business associates and the increased burden
- Breach notification
- Paperwork that needs to be updated
- Risk factors
Brian Tuttle is Keynote Speaker at Compliance key Inc. He is Certified Professional in Health IT (CPHIT), Certified HIPAA Professional (CHP), Certified Business Resilience Auditor (CBRA) with over 17 years experience in Health IT and Compliance Consulting…read more
Take a look at our webinar library:
More Upcoming Webinar
If you have any questions, my line is always open.
Compliance Key Inc | Training made easy…
P: 717-208-8666 Ext: 100
This email and any attachments there to may contain private, confidential, and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. If you believe you received this e-mail in error, please click here to remove yourself from my mailing list.