I wanted to take a moment to highlight the key features of our Seminar and the speaker delivering this session.
Topic: HIPAA Changes 2018 and How to Comply
Date & Time:- Friday, 16th February 2018 at 09:00-06:00 pm ET
Venue:- Four Points by Sheraton Miami Airport, Miami, FL, USA .
This lesson will be addressing how practice/business managers (or compliance offers) need to get their HIPAA house in order as HIPAA is now fully enforced and the government is not using kid gloves any more.It will also address major changes under the Omnibus Rule and any other applicable updates for 2018 and beyond.There are an enormous amount of issues and risks for covered entities and business associates these days.I will speak on specific experiences from over 17 years of experience in working as an outsourced compliance auditor, expert witness on multiple HIPAA cases, and thoroughly explain how patients are now able to get cash remedies for wrongful disclosures of private health information. More importantly I will show you how to limit those risks by simply taking proactive steps and utilizing best practices. We will go into detail on the highest risk factors and how they commonly occur.
- The HIPAA Omnibus Rule has changed the HIPAA landscape for good!
- This once rarely enforced law has changed and you need to know what’s going on!
- What are the new roles and responsibilities for compliance officers?
- Protect your practice or business!
- These day’s trial attorney’s pose a higher risk than the Federal government!
- State laws are now in place increasing liability for patient remedies!
- What factors might spurn a lawsuit or a HIPAA audit? …are you doing these things?
- Why are the Feds enforcing after all these years?
- We will be discussing 2018 changes taking place in Washington with the Health and Human Services in regards to the enforcement of the HIPAA laws already on the books as well as some detailed discussions on the audit process as well as some current events regarding HIPAA cases (both in courtrooms and from live audits)
- History of HIPAA
- HIPAA Omnibus Rule
- How to perform a HIPAA Security Risk Assessment
- What is involved in a Federal audit and how is it conducted
- Risk factors for a federal audit
- EHR and HIPAA
- Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery Planning
- Business Associates and HIPAA
- In depth discussions on IT down to the nuts and bolts
- Risk factors that can cause an audit (low hanging fruit)
- New rules which grant states ability to sue citing HIPAA on behalf of a patient
- New funding measures….much, much more
Click here to view Seminar Brochure.