I am extending you the invitations for the live webinar on “Patients Suing under HIPAA – Beware of new Laws and Risks“ that we are hosting with Compliance Key. If you are already registered, I apologize for the extra communication.
I wanted to take a moment to highlight the key features of our webinars and the speaker delivering this session.
Topic:- Patients Suing under HIPAA – Beware of new Laws and Risks
Date & Time:- Monday, 12th March 2018 at 01:00 – 02:30 PM ET
This lesson will be addressing how law firms who work with protected health information need to get their HIPAA house in order as HIPAA is now fully enforced and the government is not using kid gloves anymore.
It will also address major changes under the Omnibus Rule and any other applicable updates for 2018 and beyond.
There are an enormous amount of issues and risks for covered entities and business associates these days as it relates to patients ability to sue and the Federal government’s audit process.
I will speak on specific experiences from over 17 years of working as an outsourced compliance auditor, an expert witness on HIPAA cases, and thoroughly explain how patients are now able to get cash remedies for wrongful disclosures of private health information.
More importantly, I will show you how to limit risks to your firm by simply taking proactive steps and utilizing best practices.
REMEMBER: THESE DAYS THE TRIAL ATTORNEYS ARE MORE DANGEROUS THAN THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT!!
Why should You attend this webinar?
- There are major changes to HIPAA set forth by the Federal government whereby patients can receive remedies for HIPAA violations and business associates (i.e. law firms) must now comply directly with HIPAA
- Omnibus has changed the HIPAA landscape for good!
- State laws are now in place increasing liability for patient remedies!
- This once rarely enforced law has changed and you need to know what’s going on!
- Protect your practice or business!
- Why are the Feds enforcing after all these years?
- We will be discussing some of the changes taking place in Washington with the Health and Human Services in regards to the enforcement of the HIPAA laws already on the books.
- I will also thoroughly go through multiple litigated cases I have been a part of involving patients suing for HIPAA violations -THIS IS A MUST TO UNDERSTAND!!
- changes affecting law firms dealing with protected health information
- I will also be discussing factors might cause an unwanted visitor letter from the Office of Civil Rights and how to prepare for the audit and deal with the Feds
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Updates for Omnibus
- Patients suing – how does this work
- Fines from HHS
- Audit process
- Real life audits and litigated cases
- New patient legal remedies and how to lower risks
- State laws and patient remedies
- Portable devices
- Emailing and texting
- Business associates and the increased burden
- Breach notification
- Risk factors for being sued or audited
Brian Tuttle is Keynote Speaker at Compliance key Inc. He is Certified Professional in Health IT (CPHIT), Certified HIPAA Professional (CHP), Certified Business Resilience Auditor (CBRA) with over 19 years experience in Health IT and Compliance Consulting… read more
Take a look at our webinar library:
More Upcoming Webinar
If you have any questions, my line is always open.
Compliance Key Inc | Training made easy…
P: 717-208-8666 Ext: 100