The webinar will explain the process for covered entities and business associates to use to draft, adopt, and implement HIPAA compliance policies. Writing a policy is easier than one may think. It is a three-step process: researching, drafting and revising. This webinar will teach you to ask questions, solicit help, collect samples, keep the principles of substance, organization, coherence, style, and correctness in mind while you are drafting, send your draft out for review, incorporate comments, implement the policy, and repeat as necessary. The prospect of developing and writing perhaps as many as 70 policies to attain HIPAA compliance may still seem daunting, but this webinar will teach you how to make a checklist, take it step by step, and enlist the help of others when you need it.
Why should You attend this webinar?
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Use HIPAA required Risk Analysis to help you decide which policies and procedures to develop.
- Research before drafting policies and procedures, by asking and answering the right questions, soliciting help, and collecting samples.
- Draft policies and procedures that comply with HIPAA’s requirements, based on sound principles of substance, organization, coherence, style, and correctness.
- Revise policies and procedures, including steps of reviewing, incorporating recommended changes, and implementing.
- Draft required policies under HIPAA.
- Decide whether you must draft addressable policies under HIPAA.
- Decide what other policies you need to draft that HIPAA doesn’t mention but that affect your organization.
- Conclusion and question and answer.