Topic:- Danger of Text/Email in A Medical Practice
Date & Time:- Wednesday,11th April 2018 at 03:30 – 04:30 PM EST
One wrong text or email can cost your practice thousands in fines. Texting and emailing HIPAA violations are not always caused by what you might think.
Get everything you need to protect your practice from HIPAA messaging violations.
- Choose the safest communication method: patient portal vs. email communications
- Minimize risk from HIPAA violations with one simple item added to your emails
- Identify when you can send PHI via email – or if you ever should
- Stop the worst internal text message HIPAA violators from sinking your practice
- Prevent Gmail, Yahoo! Mail or the infamous AOL from ending in catastrophe
- Improve HIPAA security for all of your messaging easier than you thought possible
John Brewer is Keynote Speaker at Compliance key Inc. John has been involved with technology since before the 3-and-a-half-inch floppy disk. He is a retired Air Force pilot. While in the Air Force he flew the KC-135R, C-9A and E-8C aircraft. He was always heavily involved with the technology advances in the offices where he worked. He was also a Computer Security Officer. Along with his high-level security clearance, these experiences exposed him heavily to government regulations – how to read them, how to interpret them and how to enact them…read more